APD’s Cost Management Certification – Online Training
Early Bird Pricing for Registrations on or before October 27th, 2023
Since its development in 2019, APD’s flagship program provides purchasing professionals with the knowledge, skills and take-away tools required to understand and achieve direct and indirect material costs.
Course materials are based upon the processes, techniques, and real-world insights we have gained during our 18 year in-the-industry experience helping clients identify, analyze, predict, and negotiate better pricing with their suppliers.
After completing the program participants have learned how to:
- Conduct best practice sourcing events/construct effective market tests for new and existing business
- Understand manufacturing costs
- Evaluate supplier pricing with or without supplier cost breakdowns
- Build several types of cost models to estimate pricing on new programs and to evaluate supplier quotes
- Choose the right cost methods and models for their commodities
- Conduct effective knowledge-based negotiations to obtain cost transparency and move pricing towards optimal
- Identify cost reduction opportunities with detailed cost breakdowns and cost models
- Respond rapidly to sales and engineering cost inquiries