Certified Purchasing Cost Management Professionals have completed APD’s 4-month certification program designed to provide purchasing professionals with the knowledge, skills and take-away tools required to understand and achieve should-be direct material costs.
The program provides a new look at Purchasing 101 foundations while accelerating individuals to Purchasing 4.0 where data is leveraged with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning to move to optimal pricing, should-be costs and predictive cost modeling.
Course materials are based upon the processes, techniques and real-world insights gained during APD’s 16 year in-the-industry experience helping clients identify, analyze, and negotiate better supplier pricing.
Certified Purchasing Cost Management Professionals have learned processes and obtained take away tools that enable them to:
- Conduct best practice sourcing events/construct effective market tests for new and existing business
- Understand manufacturing costs
- Evaluate supplier pricing with or without supplier cost breakdowns
- Build different types of cost models to estimate pricing on new programs and to evaluate supplier quotes
- Use a cost models and supplier quote history to develop probability pricing
- Choose the right cost methods and models for their commodities
- Conduct effective knowledge-based negotiations to obtain cost transparency and move pricing towards optimal
- Identify cost reduction opportunities with detailed cost breakdowns and cost models
- Respond rapidly to sales and engineering cost inquiries
- Calculate the impact of manufacturing inflation and currency on cross border purchases
- Evaluate the total cost of maintaining a supplier relationship